Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 1: Senior Year Begins

It's official. Senior year has began. The first of all the lasts to come. And I am so excited to begin.

Today was Day 1. The day that is over, and I will never have back. It's quite surreal to me at the moment. So is the fact that I am actually a senior; not because I'm at the "top of the food chain" in high school, but because I GRADUATE this year.

What was happiness today? It came in the form of a backpack. Yes, a backpack. A backpack, mind you, that is very spacious AND has it's own cooler. This means that I don't have to have an actual lunchbox anymore!


Nike "Legend" Backpack - $50 Scheels
The first day back is always a whirlwind and quite exciting. I can tell you right now, I am also not the senior that is coasting by this year. Taking two college classes, a science class, plus math and 4th year Spanish is a big load. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

I found pure joy in seeing people that I haven't seen since May, my teammates, and the senior class of 2015. Happiness comes in the simplest form of a conversation with someone new, someone who's just an acquaintance or someone who has become distant.

Day 1 conclusion: Being social and talking to people give me a certain joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment