Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 12: VMA Shenanigans

To prepare for the VMAs one must:

  • Wait all day with major anxiety because the excitement just can't be contained
  • Search Tumblr and Twitter for what's going to come
  • Watch Teen Wolf a day early because it's awesome
  • Get as much food as possible to hibernate for the hours on which the award show is on
  • Have as much social time because once the VMAs are on, there is no talking
This is how I have spent the day. Searching Tumblr and Twitter for artists and musicians alike, hashtags, pictures, videos and more to be completely aware. I love awards shows because it's really an amazing thing how all the singers, writers, content makers ect. can come together for one thing and celebrate the achievement of others. Obviously, the VMAs are a little crazier and unorthodox compared to the Grammys, but I love it all the same.

Just for a recap, I'm going to show my favorite moments from last years VMAs, in pictures. 

Taylor Swift can't go to an award show unnoticed. She also isn't very graceful in accepting that things aren't going to be her way all the time. Yes, you are going to see ex-boyfriends on stage. Not completely normal for everyday people like you and me, but still it's not odd to see and ex in public. I thought it was quite hilarious how, shall we say, rude she was when One Direction was on stage. 


All I have to say next is Lady Gaga is one of my favorite celebrities because she is a true individual. She doesn't care what people think and is open about her opinions. She stand up for those who are either too kind and polite to do so for themselves or cannot stand up for themselves.


Justin Timberlakes performance. WOW. It was amazing and was the best performance that I have ever witness. Applause for him. It was a long, strategic, well planned performance that I will always remember from this day forward.



Also, let us not forget the best part of the night; NSYNC comeback. GO JT GO. 

Day 12 conclusion: The VMAs are bomb. Favorite award show hand down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment