Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 6: Mundane Monday

Not going to lie, today was average. Nothing good happened, nothing bad happened. So this makes me think; what can I do to MAKE the good happen? I decided to go through my favorite things, like a kindergartener.

While looking in my room I came across the book that changed my view on a lot of things in life. "Looking For Alaska" changed my perspective on death and life. It is a sad book, mainly because John Green has a knack for that, but it has been a favorite of mine for over a year now. It just is a reminder that things could be worse, even though that's not a main theme in the book.

Seashells. Summer. The beach. Always a good reminder. These particular seashells were found snorkeling in the Gulf of Mexico this past July. They are a constant reminder of the good times that I had in Florida with my best friend and family. The broken sand dollar is actually my most favorite item in my room. These are only three of the many I collected while in Florida, I have a whole jar.


Vans are my favorite shoes. Period. On anybody. Guys, girls, small children. I just love them. My vans have been through quite a bit (again another memory). They've been in Texas, a rainy muddy country concert, and the first day of senior year. They hold a lot of value.


Day 6 conclusion: Certain things hold certain happiness. This may not be interesting to some, but it means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment